It’s that time of year again: Greenbuild. This time the Big Show is in our hometown, and we are excited to plunge into a week of friends, colleagues, and events. Here’s my personal Top 10 list:
- International Summit kicks off the GRESB Investor Track. We are looking forward to investor- and fund manager-oriented breakout sessions including ESG & Real Estate Equity Investment and ESG & Real Estate Debt Investment.
- After the Opening Plenary, find us at the GBIG Booth #2349. We will release new features to help organizations and professionals share their contributions to green buildings around the world.
- Next up, I’m heading to hear Master Speaker Don Schwarz in session A15. Schwarz is going to follow on an exceptionally memorable presentation from Acting Surgeon General Boris Lushniak in New Orleans last year in which green building professionals were enlisted to the mission of preventive medicine. This year Dr. Schwarz will call us to action to help promote a Culture of Health.
- After lunch, we dive into a B14 – GRESB: a global platform to accelerate market transformation. I’ll be sharing results from the 2015 GRESB assessment and enjoying a panel discussion with GRESB leaders including Sara Neff (Kilroy), Darryl Neate (Oxford), and Jorge Chapa (Green Building Council of Australia).
- Wednesday night will be packed: BOLD Awards, Brad Molotsky’s famous (and entirely unsanctioned) Pubcrawl, JLL, Sustainability & Resilience, and much more. I’m looking forward to meeting up with a ton of folks.
- Thursday morning we kick things off at 8 AM with C05 – Making Healthy Places Investable – join me, Dr. Matt Trowbridge, Dr. Doug Jutte, and Kelly Worden to learn about our work supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- After that, a quick change over to C15 – Humans, Technology, and Aristotle with USGBC CPO Scot Horst and COO Mahesh Ramanujam.
- Later that morning, we’ll be at the GBCI Work Zone to talk shop about GRESB.
- Later in the day, I’m looking forward to hearing from industry leaders in E01 – Evolution of Green Building Goal Setting for Corporations, including insights from Intel Corporation, Colgate-Palmolive, CH2M, and Starbucks Coffee Company.
- Finally, we’ll wrap it all up with an All Star line up during the Closing Plenary.
Safe travels! See you soon. Stay in touch @chrispyke